Steps to Becoming a Tesseract Family
1. Schedule a visit to Tesseract – Tour our campus(es), get a sense of your children’s educators and members of the Administration. You’ll be impressed! Tesseract is a wonderfully welcoming community.
2. Application – Complete the online application at https://tesseractschool.schoolforms.org/application.
3. Submit additional documents – Using the links and forms below, please submit recommendations and transcripts.
4. Visitations and Assessments – After we have received your child’s application, we will contact you to schedule a visit for your child.
- For Early Childhood visits, your child will meet with teachers and play and participate in age-appropriate activities within the classroom. The educator in the classroom will complete an informal assessment and the director of early childhood will conduct a short interview directly after the visit.
- Kindergarten applicants will spend two hours visiting the classroom.
- 1st through 8th-grade students will spend a full day attending classes with peers and will complete informal assessments. A buddy will be assigned to your child for that day, to help welcome him/her to the school. A short interview with the appropriate division director will take place following the visitation.
5. Decision – After the Admissions Committee has reached a decision, parents will be contacted.
The formal application allows us to gather academic history, a parent’s perspective of the child and general demographic information. It is in your best interest to submit the application as early as possible in the fall preceding the year of desired entry to Tesseract.
Teacher recommendations are one way of getting to know a student and are reviewed with full awareness that children are constantly changing and developing. The submission should be completed by your child’s current teacher as soon as possible. If your child has more than one teacher, please send the link(s) below to each.
Copy and past the following links into an email and send to the individual providing the recommendation.
Early Childhood – Kindergarten:
- Student’s Choice: https://tesseractschool.schoolforms.org/tesseract-choice-recommendation
- Language Arts: https://tesseractschool.schoolforms.org/pages/tesseract-language-arts-recommendation
- Math: https://tesseractschool.schoolforms.org/pages/tesseract-math-recommendation
Transcripts (for applicants Grades 1-8)
The Transcript Release Form should be completed, signed and given to the registrar at your child’s current school. They will send us an official, full set of your child’s records. This provides a formal means to review an applicant’s academic achievements. Copies of progress reports, report cards and test scores are required for admission consideration.
Medical/immunization records may be sent along with your child’s transcripts, by your child’s current school. State regulations require that a child may not be enrolled in the school unless health forms are on file. Immunization waivers are accepted.
All information provided is confidential and will not be shared with anyone at any point.